Interesting poem from the Korean drama "About Time"

Hi there! So I was watching this drama called About Time,(also known as A Moment I Want to Stop: About Time), and I was really interested with this one poem that the character Yoon Do San read in episode 8.


The poem goes like :

When I was 20, I was afraid of becoming 20.
I thought I was going to die when I become 30.
I became 30, and unsurprisingly I was alive.

When I became 40, I realized it was really beautiful then.

When I was 30, I was afraid of becoming 40.
I thought the world would end when I become 40.
I became 40, and sadly,  I was the same, alive.

When I became 50, I realized it was really beautiful then.

When I am 60, I'd look back to 50 and think the same.
When I am 70, I'd look back to 60 and think the same.

In front of death, every past moment is the climax of your life.
All ages are like a flower.
It's just that you don't know how beautiful each age was at that time.


I am not someone you can say professional in translating, but I tried my best, with the help of some kind souls of course. Yes, it's originally in Korean. So I am sorry if there is any mistake or I changed the meaning of the poem somehow. 

I am also not sure who wrote this or what is the poem's origin other than the fact it is a Korean poem. Anyone who knows, do enlighten me so that I can give credits where it dues.

Although my friend did said that she saw someone saying the poem is by someone called Park Woo Hyun. But I still can't find any information about him when I googled. Strange indeed. So again, do leave a comment if you do know anything about it.

The poem just hits my soul and the words conveys so much wisdom and heartfelt messages that I think everyone should know about. I even made it into a picture, see below!


 
 
Obviously, I'm not a good editor, but I tried. Do try it yourself and spread it around. The world deserves to know about this spectacular poem.
 
That's it from me, byeeee!

Comments

  1. Was just watching the series too, paused at that scene to Google this poem and came across ur blogspot. Nice to know someone else appreciates it too. Thanks for writing about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this. i actually recorded the scene with this poem being read. It's so nice to find it here in your blog post! Such a beautiful poem in this lovely blog of yours! 감사합니다
    gamsahabnida!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was searching for the name of the original book which is used in the drama and i just cant find it...anyone who knows about this book??i badly want to buy ittttt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just watched that scene and had to Google it. Thank you so so much for sharing the full translation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I'd be the only one. Here I am watching it and doing some research on the internet trying to find that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. same reaction in 2023. It must've been written (or reworded) and then made into a prop for this drama. They did a good job! I see this happen in many kdramas. Prop books used as a moral theme.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Respect others. And you will be respected.

Popular posts from this blog

STPM Semester 1 Chemistry Experiment 1 : Volumetric Analysis - Stoiciometry